-->

Friday, March 8, 2013

Clarendon Nights blog turns 5

Whitlows is a popular fixture in the Clarendon nightlife
scene, especially after their 2011 rooftop bar addition
After moving to Clarendon in late 2007, I wrote the first review of the area's nightlife after going out on March 8, 2008.  Clarendon Grill was packed that night with an 80s cover band that I think was The Reflex on stage.

Some things about Arlington were different then, and smoking was still allowed indoors and I remember my clothes smelled of it afterwords. I had a blast that night and have been hooked on the local live music scene since. The Grill has since been remodeled, along with many other bars and restaurants coming and going, but I still feel excited about the area and its ever changing skyline.

I'm happy to still be here and celebrating this blog's 5th birthday. Thanks to my readers, the restaurant owners who indulged me and all the local bands I got to discover here.