-->

Monday, October 17, 2011

Must See Music in DC

Not only is October my favorite month due to the craziness that is Halloween, there are many must see bands coming to the DC area soon:

Wednesday Oct 19
One of my all time favorites Minus The Bear is rocking 9:30 again. When I last saw them three years ago, they were just as talented and energetic live as I hoped. Get your tickets quick before they sell out!

Saturday Oct 22
The very multi-talented Exit Clov has played here several times over the years, and I'm really looking forward to another show of unusual instruments (cowbells anyone?) and catchy lyrics. Don't miss their show in Clarendon this Saturday at Iota.

Monday Oct 24
9:30 club is also hosting another old favorite of mine, the insanely upbeat and fun Brazilian rock that is CSS.

Thursday Oct 27
I have not seen We Were Promised Jetpacks in person yet, but very much an anticipating a great show based on the talk about them. The indie rock band from Scotland comes to the Black Cat at 8pm

Monday Oct 31
Panic! At The Disco! At 9:30 club! Even though I thought of them more of a one hit wonder with I Write Sins Not Tragedies when I first heard it years ago, they have stayed popular with the teen vampire trend.