-->

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

American Tap Room: Not worth it

Lobster Roll Sandwitch and fries with
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon beer
I finally got around to trying out American Tap Room on Highland Street for dinner, and since they have been open since for a while I figured all the kinks would be worked out. Sadly, I was disappointed throughout the night and concluded it isn't a worthy replacement for Sette Bello which used to accupy the space.

Despite the promise of a tasty dinner by the backlite glowing menu and salads with local Clarendon themed names, nothing I tried was worth the price. The crab spinach dip was difficult to eat and wasn't nearly creamy enough. The jerk chick spring rolls were ok, but not worth ordering again. The toasted lobster roll was cold, and the only thing decent was the Old Bay seasoned circular cut fries. Their beer selection was rather sparse, and our waitress was virtually unknowledgable of our menu.

At least the extra large leather chairs were comfortable. Sorry Tap Room, but I'm going to agree with Yelp and say you deserve two stars.

8 comments:

jinushaun said...

That's a shame. Clarendon really needs to fix their food situation. A strip full of restaurants and none of them I have a strong desire to eat at...

Anonymous said...

Agreed.

dramik said...

I enjoy reading your work.It's posters like you, who make life worth living.Thank you so much for your post!
Dentist Tarzana, Encino,Woodland Hills, Irvine,Implant,Braces
Tarzana wisdom teeth

Clarendon Nights said...

Thanks jinushaun for the comment. I agree they could improve their food, but there are many great restaurants in Clarendon. Try Eventide or Lyon Hall for great upscale meals, or Whitlow's daily specials for cheap eats.

hmdshahed said...

This website is a really great source for knowladge. Very easy to navigate too!
Learn How To Get A Girl's Number Guaranteed!
http://howtogetagirlsnumber.org 

hmdshahed said...

What a great blog you have! I am going to share your link on my blog. This is great advice!I look forward to reading more.
If You Read Nothing Else About P90X Scam – Read This. Discover If P90X is a Scam or Not. Does P90X Really Transform Your Body?
http://p90xscamreview.com/

hmdshahed said...

I enjoy reading your work.It's posters like you, who make life worth living.Thank you so much for your post!
Playhouse Plans | Free Woodworking Plans
http://playhouseplansinfo.com/

hmdshahed said...

This is positively a good post and was worth my time looking at it.Thanks.
What Do You Need For P90X | The how to guide
http://whatdoyouneedforp90x.com