-->

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Matsutake in Ballston

On a random trip, stopped by Matsutake in Ballston, just across from the mall and Frontpage. The restaurant has a lot of competition in the area from the likes of Kabuki, Boru Asian Bistro, and Temple Lounge.

I liked the atmosphere, and there was much more room inside than I expected. The hibachi grill seating was loud, but I thought would be a good spot for a first or second date. That way you have something to talk about and helps avoid awkward pauses, since you are facing the cook and not each other. The other tables were friendly to dinner conversations.


The food is decent, as I enjoyed the shrimp and chicken combo but the sushi was nothing special. Despite the ratings online, I think this small asian chain is worth checking out once.