-->

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Club to replace Arlington Funeral Home

I've always wondered how long the Arlington Funeral Home would last in Ballston. The single story building and very large ground parking lot looks very out of place flanked by high rise apartments in the quite urban downtown Arlington.

Located on the corner of Fairfax Blvd and Quincy Street, it will be replace by a luxury residential building built by WCI. The builders don't have any information about "The Club" on their site yet.

I question whether the Ballston community needs another luxury condo highrise, especially given the market. Light commercial business might do better there, as there is not much dining or nightlife nearby save for Temple Lounge or Pines of Flourence.


Edit: Looks like I didn't do my homework here, as construction on the Club has been in the works for 2 years. Guess I never noticed the sign... embarrassing....

Thanks Neil for pointing this out!