-->

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Open Mic Comedy @ RiRa

Very happy I made it out to RiRa's open mic stand up comedy tonight. They feature professional and amateur comedians every Wednesday night in the upstairs party room. The small room was packed, but that didn't deter the diligent waitress Sarah from coming by frequently to check on everyone.

I wasn't expecting much since it was a free event, so I was very surprised at the quality of comedians that took the stage. Tonight featured Lisa Fine, Roger Mursick, Jared, James Ryan, and Dan Nainan (sorry I can't remember all their names). Definitely worth checking out next week.

At the end of the show someone and said I was really funny on stage. I took the compliment even though he mistook me for Roger (all us Irish guys do look alike).




FREE Live standup comedy show
by local standup comics
$25 cash prize joke contest for non-com audience members after the show
Wednesday nights 8 to 10 pm
Ha-Ha at Ri-Ra
Ri-Ra Irish Pub FREE SHOW
2915 Wilson Blvd
Arlington,VA 22201
703-248-9888
http://www.rira.com/arlington/home.html
www.StandupComedyToGo.com