-->

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rome In A Day @ Clarendon Grill

My friends were having a happy hour fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at the Grill's patio, and I noticed this great sound coming from the stage. Rome For A Day was getting ready to play, a band I've never heard of but won't soon forget.

The group had a energetic and strong sound and did a perfect rendition of a Queens of the Stone Age cover. They played a few of their own songs that I really enjoyed.

Too bad the crowd wasn't responding to them, the Thursday night audience consisted of too many drunk guys trying to dance and hit on girls and failing at both embarrassingly.

They will be back in Clarendon at the end of May for shows at RiRa and Whitlow's, I will definitely be there to see them again, especially with their uber-hot back up guitarist Ali.